We accept gently-worn high-end and luxury women's clothing, shoes, handbags, and accessories. No appointment is necessary - bring in your items and we will see what we can consign for you!
HOW CONSIGNMENT WORKS
1. You bring us your gently-worn, in like-new condition items. We prefer all items on hangers (which we will return to you) so they are not wrinkled and which allows us to see all of your items in an organized way.
Your items will always be looked at enthusiastically and always without judgement at Consign Couture. Our consignors are the life of our business - and you and your garments will always be treated as such.
2. We will take whatever we feel we have the right audience for. It is never about personal style, but about the community of ladies that we serve. Basically, if we think it will sell, it joins our inventory.
3. You will read and sign our consignor contract. We will then consign your clothes for 60 days.
4. At the end of 60 days, you may pick up any unsold items or leave them with us to be donated. We donate unsold clothing to several area charities, including Dress for Success and GHM Boutique (which raises money to support local veterans). Any items that GHM Boutique can't use or sell are taken to textile recycling, thus avoiding the landfill. We will give you a card at the time of consignment with the expiration date on it. It is the consignor's responsibility to contact the store on or before the expiration date to let us know that you would like to retrieve your items. We request you give us 48 hours notice to have all of your items ready for you before pickup. Items left after 60 days become property of Consign Couture.
5. You will receive an email with a link that allows you to track your items in our software so you know when something has sold!
WHAT WE ACCEPT
What we accept is constantly changing and adapting to what is in demand and what we already have. Because we only accept garments for 60 days, we look for what we believe will sell in that time period and tend to be season-specific.
All items must be in excellent to like-new condition.
HOW WE SET OUR PRICES
We do not set prices at the time of in-take. If you have luxury items that you want to be sure get a certain price, please discuss this at the time of consignment.
We set prices based on research and knowledge of what items sell for in our store. Brands and their pricing in the secondhand market have many fluctuations and we determine what we believe to be the optimal retail price.
Consign Couture reserves the right to hold sales and offer discounts on all inventory.
HOW YOU GET PAID
You have two payment options and you will determine which best suits your needs on the consignment contract when we accept your items.
1. Store Credit: Choosing store credit means that you will get 50% of the selling price of each item sold. This credit is available immediately upon each sale and will accumulate until redeemed. There is no expiration on store credit.
2. Monthly Check: Choosing to be paid by monthly check means that you get 40% of the selling price of each item sold. Checks are available for in-store pickup only on the 10th of each month for inventory that sold the month before (e.g., items that sell in June will be on the check that is available July 10th). Checks cannot be mailed and will be held at the store for six months. After six months, they become void. Simply come in with a valid ID to pick up your check!
Are you ready to consign? Fill out our consignment agreement here and email it to us @ firstname.lastname@example.org!