Behind The Scenes At The Shop
It's a daily whirl wind here at the shop in the best of ways: there is certainly never a lack of things to do when it comes to keeping a small business up and running. Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes? Here are some of the many things we tend to throughout the day:
- Responding to shop emails, social media messages, texts and voicemails. Lots of them. In order to not get buried in the many inquiries we get daily, it's a constant housekeeping activity.
- Organizing daily mini photo shoots to capture new arrivals and putting together content for social media, newsletters, blog posts, etc.
- Constantly organizing racks, jewelry, shoes, etc. and running go backs throughout the day
- Taking in consignment, entering it into the system, pricing, tagging, and getting all that inventory out onto the sales floor
- Pulling expired items and either donating them or gathering them to be picked up by the consignors who want them back
- Packaging and mailing items that sell over social media
- Planning and brainstorming for future shop parties and events
- Trying not to get too off track from gushing over whatever cute animal or child that happens to be at the shop
- Sporadic dance parties
- And so on and so forth: never a dull moment!