16 Feb, 2018 ·
5 Reasons Shopping Consignment & Resale Will Be Your New Favorite Past Time
16 Feb, 2018 ·
- It feels like a treasure hunt every time. You never know what you're going to find when you step foot in a consignment or resale shop. There's a good chance that there are no duplicates of any one item in that particular shop, and if you find something that is your style, your size, and fits like a glove, it feels like you were meant to have it. It makes shopping a much more personal and gratifying experience.
- Your wallet will thank you. Consignment and resale shops price their items at a small percentage of what they would cost new. You can still get your shopping fix and make fresh additions to your wardrobe while spending a fraction of what you would spend shopping new.
- Buying previously owned clothing is more eco friendly and sustainable. Did you know that the average American throws away 70 pounds of clothing annually? The fashion industry is one of the world's largest polluters, due to the fast fashion crisis and societal pressure to stay on trend with whatever is currently fashionable. By becoming a conscious consumer and shopping consignment and resale you are contributing to the recycling process and helping build a solution to the problem.
- Shopping at consignment and resale stores means supporting local small businesses. Rather than supporting big name corporations, your money is going into the local economy and helping small businesses survive and thrive.
- If you bring in your own clothes for consignment, you can use your earnings toward purchases. You can get rid of clothes you don't wear in a sustainable way while keeping your own closet updated on a budget by making purchases when your items sell. Some consignment stores will even give you a better percentage on your earnings if you choose to use it as trade instead of cash.