10 Tips for Finding the Best Consignment Treasures
Finding unique consignment scores is both thrilling and satisfying. Here are 10 tips to finding the best consignment treasures and deals consistently:
- Browse your favorite consignment shops often and get to know what shops you have in your area. Having a good local neighborhood consignment store means you can pop in whenever you're passing by to see what's new.
- After you've established a knowledge of the shops in your local vicinity, venture out once in a while to new places in new areas to keep things fresh and see what else is out there.
- Learn when shops mark things down and what their sale practices are. Some shops automatically discount things after they've been in the shop for a certain amount of time, some shops do seasonal sales, and some do random sporadic sales throughout the year.
- Don't be afraid to ask what shop keepers are pricing behind the counter. If they're able to price it quickly, you may score something before it's even been put out on the sales floor.
- Browse through the "go-back" rack that's usually located by the fitting room from what people have already tried on that day. It's like shopping through a section of the shop specially curated by the people who shop there.
- Ask the people working there what's new in the shop or what their current favorite things are. Sometimes it helps to have a fresh pair of eyes show you things in case you missed anything.
- If you're on the hunt for something in particular but don't see anything on the racks or shelves matching the description in your head, ask whoever's working for help looking: chances are you missed something on the racks, or there could be something just right that recently came in and hasn't been priced yet.
- Even if you really like something, don't settle for it if it's not quite right. There's a good chance that if you're iffy about something before you've even left the store, you'll never end up wearing it once you get it home.
- If you find something that you absolutely love or that you've been looking for forever but it just doesn't fit quite right, there's a good chance that you can get it tailored to fit you perfectly, and at a very fair price.
- If there's something you've been trying to find in your consignment excursions for a while but aren't having any luck, see if any shops in your area will keep there eye out for whatever it is you're looking for and can give you a call if it comes in. Many places are happy to work with you to help you find what you're after.